Monday, October 22, 2012

Beginning and Middle: How Big is the Change

At the beginning of Its Kind of A funny Story by Ned Vizzini you learn about the background of Craig and why he's depressed. The beginning goes back and forth between current and before he was depressed. It was a little confusing but it made sense. I thought this was a great way to start the story because you know what is happening and you also know everything that has happened in his life that is relevant to the story. I thought that even though this part of the story dragged on I thought it was necessary.

In the middle of the story the story gets faster. Its not more interesting though. In the middle of the story Craig goes through some changes. I'm still reading the middle of the story so I don't know exactly how it goes but it written very well. It has good writing so I don't lose interest or get confused while reading it.

They are similar because they are both very well written. sometimes I hate books that are referencing something that is a very important part if the book but never saying what it is. Ned Vizzini never left anything out unlike other authors and I really enjoyed that about both parts of the story. These parts of the story were different because one was just saying what used to happen and one you get to see his thoughts in the present and not just in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment