I just finished the book It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. In this book Craig a depressed teenager. Craig often refers to the cycling which is when he realizes all the things he has to do and how stressed he is. And in everything that is going on he realizes he just doesn't want to do anything. Craig can relate most of his depression to the stress and the cycling.
I understand what Craig is talking about with the cycling but not in the depressed way. Sometimes when I'm stressed out I think of all the things I have to do and I get even more stressed out and try to push everything away and just not do it. Sometimes just in my mind I think of something and than that leads to another and then my brain will take a pause and I'll just thing "How did my thoughts get there?" I never really know whats going on in my brain. This is defiantly different than what Craig is going through because I'm not getting so stressed out and confused that I just stare into space.
Whenever Craig talked about the cycling I felt bad for him. Going through that all the time must be tough. Going through that once a month is tough. But never getting anything done just adds to the stress. Every time he goes through the cycling and doesn't do anything it just adds more stress. Even when I go through my version of the cycling I never don't do something I just do it later. If I never did anything then I would maybe be in Craig's position which sounds kind of scary it would be hard to think of that. I don't want the cycling to happen all the time so this book motivated me to try a little harder and not do the cycling anymore.
I understand what Craig is talking about with the cycling but not in the depressed way. Sometimes when I'm stressed out I think of all the things I have to do and I get even more stressed out and try to push everything away and just not do it. Sometimes just in my mind I think of something and than that leads to another and then my brain will take a pause and I'll just thing "How did my thoughts get there?" I never really know whats going on in my brain. This is defiantly different than what Craig is going through because I'm not getting so stressed out and confused that I just stare into space.
Whenever Craig talked about the cycling I felt bad for him. Going through that all the time must be tough. Going through that once a month is tough. But never getting anything done just adds to the stress. Every time he goes through the cycling and doesn't do anything it just adds more stress. Even when I go through my version of the cycling I never don't do something I just do it later. If I never did anything then I would maybe be in Craig's position which sounds kind of scary it would be hard to think of that. I don't want the cycling to happen all the time so this book motivated me to try a little harder and not do the cycling anymore.
It's interesting how you looked at this. I originally thought of it as something awful that only Craig has to go through, but now that I've read this post I can see that we all do Cycling a little bit.
ReplyDeleteI like how you connected the confusing train of thought. I love and hate it when you are having a long conversation with your friend, and all the sudden you stop and think how you got to that topic, and you both work together to remember what you were originally talking about! That happens to me a lot. Also, I would like to read this book and i like how this didn't give anything important away. Nice post Sophie!
ReplyDeleteAmazing. You did great expressing your opinion and deciphering the book. Your grammar is divine. Your perspective on this book was well thought on, and you were very clear.
ReplyDelete