Monday, December 17, 2012

It's not the bees it's her life

I'm reading the secret life of bees about a girl who ran away from home in the 1960s with her maid who was in jail. She was taken in by a family with the names of months and they knew her mother. Her mother was killed when she was four, accidentally by her. Her father never forgave her and she couldn't take it any longer.

The metaphor of the whole book was about bees in hidden way. They talk about how the bees have their own secret life. She thinks about that in the story subtelly about how interesting the bees lives are. I think she thinks this is interesting because she has a secret life. Her whole story is a secret, first a secret from her father then a secret from the people who took her in. She was almost envious of the bees because they could hide their lives forever and she couldn't.

I'm not finished with the book but i have a feeling it's about to take a dramatic turn. The secret bees have just started with this underlying metaphor. She is going to realize how bad she has been and she is going to change everything. I believe she is going to use the bees to guide her into life.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god! I saw the movie and it was extremely sad. I feel as if her father didn't love her enough to let his grudge go. Wasn't she a baby when she got ahold of a gun and accidentally shot her mother?

    ReplyDelete